Finally summer has hit Britain (enjoy it while it lasts), and this weather it is imperative that you take precautions in order to remain safe and hydrated when out and about in the sunshine. So here at #TeamJigsaw we have prepared the perfect guide to staying safe during the heatwave.
Firstly let’s start with the risks associated with heatwaves:
- Heat stroke
- Heat exhaustion
What can you do to combat the heatwave?
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water.
- If consuming alcohol, drink water frequently between beverages.
- Keep out of the sun for long periods, especially during periods where the suns is the strongest around midday to 3pm.
- When sunbathing try not to fall asleep (set alarms at intervals on your phone)
- Ensure you wear suitable clothing and headwear.
- Plan ahead to ensure you have enough resources and supplies (water particularly).
What if someone needs help?
- If someone feels unwell, get them somewhere shaded and cool to rest, and provide them with water to drink.
- If symptoms persist and breathlessness, confusion, dizziness, weakness and chest pain become develops, seek first aid treatment by the professional medical services within the grounds of the festival.
This is where Jigsaw Medical come in…
Firstly, having a basic knowledge of first aid can help yourself and other people at risk during a heatwave, and here at #TeamJigsaw we offer the best and most interesting first aid training.
Get in touch with our training team here to book your course.
Additionally, if you’re an event organiser and have an event planned this summer of any nature let #TeamJigsaw look after you.From first-aiders, EMT’s to Paramedic crewed ambulance response cars and frontline ambulances, we can and will find a solution for you!
Contact us today or visit www.jigsawmedical.com for more information.