There are thousands of so-called event medical providers in the country, many of which are run by people who have never worked on an actual Ambulance and are not Paramedics. but who would you want looking after your event?
Cheap is not always cheerful
Have you ever heard the expression “you get what you pay for”? Well this could not be more true for the event medical profession. Any decent provider will tell you that drugs, compliance, vehicles, staff and an office where people can arrange all of this, are very expensive. When it comes to something as serious as potentially life or death – you cannot afford to be telling the coroner that “you used bob down the road with his first aid bag and magnetic stickers, oh! and you paid him cash…”
What to look for?
- Do they exist? By that I mean do they have an address? A company bank account? A limited company?
- Are they registered with the Care Quality Commission, if not WHY NOT?
- Are their “Paramedics” plastic or real, its easy to check by visiting the HCPC website, feel free to run our Paramedics names through as a test!
- Are they insured?
- Do they have a good (or bad) reputation?
- Do they have sufficient drugs and equipment for the staff who they are sending to your event?