Welcome to Jigsaw Medical’s new flexible booking service…
At Jigsaw, we recognise that whilst many of our clients require contractual services for the majority of their transport needs, a huge number of transport requirements fall out of this scope as ‘extra-contractual journeys’. Furthermore, specialist areas such as repatriation services and ad-hoc high dependency and routine patient movements are required on a significant volume throughout the country.
Historically, Jigsaw has focused on securing contractual services to deliver to our NHS, CCG and private sector clients and we are continued to focus heavily on this. However, following significant demand in the marketplace for a high quality, customer focused and flexible service, Jigsaw have created ‘FlexDesk’.
What is ‘FlexDesk’?
FlexDesk is a single point of access for ad-hoc or off-tender transport requirements for NHS Hospitals, CCG’s, GP’s and private healthcare institutions. We aim to provide a high-quality, customer-focused service which is entirely flexible and adaptable to your individual transport requirements.
Jigsaw has a team of standby crews, from routine patient transport crews, to specialist, dedicated transport teams and Paramedic-led high dependency units. This means we are able to respond quickly and appropriately, depending upon the patient’s clinical requirements.
What types of transport can be booked using ‘FlexDesk’?
Using the same governance, vehicles and highly-qualified staff afforded on our front-line 999 contracts and various specialist services contracts, Jigsaw are able to offer a dynamic and diverse flexible booking service from our 8 bases spread strategically across the UK, to include the following resources;
- High Dependency Ambulance transport (for Patients with a requirement for intensive or critical care)
- Urgent Care Ambulance transport (for GP urgent referrals and lower acuity emergency calls)
- Patient Transport Services (for discharges or routine transport for those with a requirement for mobility support)
- Mental Health Transport Services (for ‘soft cell’ or ‘hard cell’ transport of those suffering from mental illness)
- Repatriation Services (ad-hoc transport either for entire journeys (air & land) or for airport to hospital)
How to use ‘FlexDesk’…
FlexDesk is designed to be an efficient and flexible service, so we have made sure our customer service and booking process aligns to this ethos. So much so, once your organisation or Trust account is setup with our team, you are able to access an even more efficient booking process – and even benefit from preferential volume rates!
Here’s how it works in a nutshell…
- Call our FlexDesk transport bookings line: 01829 734976
- Provide details to the call handler of the journey, the clinical requirements for the journey and the mobility of the patient
- Receive a quote for the requested booking
- Confirm booking
We are able to offer credit accounts for all organisations and NHS Trusts, subject to terms and our credit application process. However, all other bookings (such as those for direct access private patients) require payment at the time of booking. We accept all major debit and credit cards or bank transfers.