With the country’s biggest music festival approaching and with Jigsaw recently covering one of Wales biggest outdoor festivals in Access All Eirias here at Jigsaw we decided we give you our tips on coping with a music festival if (and it’s a big if!) the weather takes a turn for the warmer.
The newspapers keep reporting about a heat-wave hitting Britain (we’re not convinced), but if it does and like #TeamJigsaw you will be attending numerous festivals over the summer period, it is imperative that you take precautions in order to remain safe and hydrated during the festivities.
Firstly let’s start with the risks associated with heatwaves:
- Heat stroke
- Heat exhaustion
What can you do to combat the heatwave?
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly water.
- If consuming alcohol, drink water frequently between beverages.
- Keep out of the sun for long periods, especially during periods where the suns is the strongest around midday.
- When sunbathing try not to fall asleep (set alarms at intervals on your phone)
- Ensure you wear suitable clothing and headwear.
What if someone needs help?
- If someone feels unwell, get them somewhere shaded and cool to rest, and provide them with water to drink.
- If symptoms persist and breathlessness, confusion, dizziness, weakness and chest pain become develops, seek first aid treatment by the professional medical services within the grounds of the festival.
This is where Jigsaw Medical come in…
If you’re planning a festival or a summer event of any nature let #TeamJigsaw look after you.
From first-aiders, EMT’s to Paramedic crewed ambulance response cars and frontline ambulances, we can and will find a solution for you!
Contact us today or visit www.jigsawmedical.com for more information.