Division: Clinical Services
Job Title: Head of Clinical Care Hours: Full-Time (Plus on-call)
Area: National (Home or Site-Based)
About Jigsaw Medical
Jigsaw Medical is an award-winning, UK market leader in the Ambulance, Clinical Services and Medical Training sector. We operate across multiple locations within the UK and our principle business activity is responding to 999 calls on behalf of numerous NHS Clients. As a company run by Clinicians, we are heavily focused on the delivery of a maximum-quality service.
Working alongside our Head of Operations and reporting to the Board of Directors and Medical Director, Jigsaw Medical is looking for an experienced clinical leader to provide exceptional, patient-focused leadership to our front-line delivery of care, treatment and safe transport for emergency and non-emergency patients in a clinically safe and professional environment.
By working across a number of business units and alongside our NHS Partners, this Senior Role will be responsible for a number of Clinical Mentors and operational Ambulance Crews, who currently respond to over five thousand 999 calls each month, with plans for this to increase significantly throughout 2019. This role will encompass ownership of clinical development and standards as well as clinical governance across our National operations.
We are looking for someone who is agile, dedicated and able to work within an entrepreneurial, innovative and progressive organisation which has significant growth plans.
This role will require national travel and remuneration will include an appropriate company car.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The National Head of Clinical Care will provide senior leadership across the Jigsaw Medical operational delivery of clinical care, working with local Clinical Mentors to promote and develop exceptional patient care.
The principle duties and responsibilities will be:
- To promote and lead with the treatment and transport emergency and urgent cases in accordance with IHCD paramedic manual, JRCALC guidelines and Client Trust protocols
- To promote and maintain a professional level of service to the customer in line with the Jigsaw core values and professional standards
- To provide clinical advice and support organisation wide, including Clinical Mentors, Paramedics and Ambulance Crews
- To comply with and maintain expectations of our Trust Clients, operational performance, with a keen focus on NHS KPI’s and best practice
- To be responsible for drafting and disseminating Clinical Memo’s, Updates and Bulletins
- To undertake investigations into clinical complaints and incidents in line with the incident and complaints reporting processes and timescales, together with identifying issues, learning outcomes and implementing recommendations
- Ensure exceptional compliance against CQC and other regulatory requirements
- Regularly work with Client’s both remotely and in routine and ad-hoc meetings, inspections and engagement sessions
- Manage all escalation of all Datix issues and be accountable for the management and resolution of all incidents and complaints in accordance with the necessary timescales
- Form part of the on-call team for escalations out of hours and at weekends
- Be responsible for detail-orientated and large-scale projects
- Manage risk and drive improvement across the organisation whilst retaining consistent and high-level clinical standards
- Be accountable for medicines management and distribution across all sites, including controlled drugs
- Be able to work in a progressive, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial and innovative organisation which is committed to change
- To comply with the standards of conduct, performance and ethics as laid down by the Health & Care Professions Council
- Be a team player who is able to work with colleagues across Compliance,
- Operations and Scheduling to deliver exceptional service
- Proactively promote and support Jigsaw’s core values and vision
- Be an interactive and key member of the Clinical Governance Committee
- Lead on clinical assessments, appraisals and the clinical screening/assessments during the recruitment process
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Meet the Company’s recruitment and selection criteria for the relevant Clinical Grade (Paramedic) and maintain full compliance, including registration with the HCPC and satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
- Qualified Paramedic with the HCPC with a full license to practice with no restrictions, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD Portfolio
- Full UK Driving License
- Evidence of senior clinical leadership experience in the past 12 months
- Completed mandatory training
Please send your covering letter and CV to:
- Jigsaw Medical Jigsaw House Units 3-4 The Oaks Stanney Mill Lane Cheshire, CH2 4HY
- Email: email@example.com Tel: 01829 732615
To apply for the role, please send a copy of your current CV and a covering letter (maximum 800 words); explaining how you feel your experience matches the requirements of the job description and person specification.
Please include your full contact details and mention where you found out about the role. Please also include the names of two professional referees, including your most recent or last employer. Please note that referees will not be approached without your prior knowledge, and only following a successful application and final interview.
Jigsaw Medical is a trading style of CRG Clinical Services Ltd and is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.