Today at Jigsaw House we decided to get in the mood for all the upcoming Bonfire bookings that we have this weekend and have some sparklers.
Now it’s all well and good saying how pretty the bonfires, fireworks and sparklers are but you have to remember that they can be dangerous and care must be taken. Here are some of our best tips on Bonfire Safety:
- Don’t go near the bonfire or any fireworks when they have been lit
- Never play with fireworks
- Only adults should light or hold fireworks
- Stand well back from the area and do not approach or go past any safety lines that have been laid out
- It’s against the law to carry fireworks in public if you’re under 18; if you do so then this can result in an on the spot fine
When using sparklers please remember that they can get up to temperatures of 2,000°C; please follow the below rules to ensure your family’s safety:
- Only light one sparkler at a time
- Children using sparklers should be supervised by an adult at all times
- Light the sparklers with a long match or long stemmed lighter
- Always wear gloves to help prevent burns
- Avoid wearing flowing clothing as it could catch light
- Hold your sparkler away from your body horizontally at arm’s length
- Always keep a bucket of water handy for emergencies or to put the sparklers in when they have finished
Enjoy your events and stay safe; if you see any of our crews do come and say hello.