The weather is finally starting to improve and summer is officially here. After the disappointments of last year, people will be looking for ways to make the most of every single drop of sunshine so any outdoor events will need to be ready for great attendance figures.
As part of your preparations you will need to consider health & safety and emergency planning to ensure that you comply with HSE legislation, so we’ve put together a quick guide to help guide your research into this essential area.
What You Need To Do
• Carry out a risk assessment to evaluate your event; consider the venue, the numbers of people attending and the type of activities that will be taking place.
• Draw up a procedure for an emergency such as a fire or accident on site.
• Contact local emergency services to ensure that they are aware of your event and can work with you in the event of a larger, regional incident.
• Ensure that all staff and volunteers are familiar with emergency procedures.
• Arrange for a first aider to be present on site.
Here at Jigsaw Medical Services we can provide first aid cover for any event. Depending on the size and circumstances of your event, we can offer a number of different options to ensure that you have the correct level of medical assistance on hand.
We can work with you to ascertain the appropriate level of first aid provision, whether that includes a response car, an ambulance or a medical tent. For peace of mind at your summer fete, open day or music festival, talk to the experts about emergency first aid.
For more information on how we can support your medical requirements, please contact us on: 01829 732 615 or email email@example.com